Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Retreat Reflection

Last edge 4-5, 2011, I had my retreat at the Capuchin Retreat Center at Lipa, Batangas. I treated it as a mini or perfectly vacation from my busy and stressful everyday school life. Well, that was my initial allow in on my retreat day until I finally came to the realizations the recollection had offered me during my clipping there. It wasnt just a vacation. It was a time for me to be fit to take a break from my usual life and take a step back to take a look at where I am at the moment and where I want to be in the future.As I am about to finish my college degree with hopefully two terms left, I needed that time to know what theology intends for me to do as I begin a new chapter in my life professional/work life. The retreat was an eye-opener for me. I got to know myself bust through the challenges asked by the facilitator. Each of which had different intentions. An example would be the interrogation What is my passion?. This made me think of what I would love to do or what I am interested in, disregarding the degree I am taking and what it is about. Honestly, I am not talented with where I am right now and knowing my passion could help me find some other path that I could take because doing what I love to do could or might be the best thing.Another question asked was What is my biggest or near important question in my life as of the moment? My take to it was Why is there a need for suffering? My reason for which was Im just curious to know why because why do we need to suffer if we can all just be happy instead. I dont know but my question sounds clich. Maybe we are to suffer for us to remember that perfection is ceaselessly there for us. We can always find refuge, security and rest in Him.The retreat also reminded me that in everything that I do, do it for the greater aura of the Lord. There are times when it is hard for me to be productive with God in my mind cause I get caught up with tellurian things. The solution I was presented during t he two days that Ive spent in Batangas was to be in love with Christ. If I put God in the center of my life then the things that Id do would come natural. Its not forced. I do not need to everyplace analyze the situations I am in because I will take over direction. I believe that our paths are shown to us and He unfolds His plans to us when we mold to spend some time with Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment